Tuesday, July 26, 2011

RAGBRAI Day Three

I was part of a group photo this morning that included seven time Tour de France winner and Cancer Survivor Lance Armstrong.

It was a pretty cool experience being in such close proximity to Lance. I admire him for multiple reasons but I am paticularly excited about the impact he has had on the world of Cancer.  It is a great experience being here at RAGBRAI with Team LIVESTRONG and fighting for Cancer survivors all over the world.  It was very cool to have Lance here to join us for a day.

A group of us set out to ride todays course at 9:20:00 a.m. and at 9:21:30 a.m I was already too far behind to hope for rejoining.  I guess my new claim to fame is I actually rode with Lance Armstrong for 90 seconds.

I have not met a great deal of my team mates but I have heard some very compelling stories that have represented courage, strength, hope, integrity and so much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment