Sunday, July 24, 2011

RAGBRAI Day One

Today was the final stage of the Tour de France and day one of RAGBRAI.  I was not able to watch the final stage of the tour but I did ride day one of RAGBRAI and I am willing to bet the farm on two things.  That there was more climbing in day one of RAGBRAI and it was hotter for day one of RAGBRAI. 

We all felt like we were melting today while we did over 4000 feet of climbing.  The hills were relentless.

To give an idea of heat and humidity.  I overheard a man from Georgia talking about how rediculous the heat and humidity was.  I have been in Georgia in July.....that is rediculous weather.

The destination today was Atlantic.  Thousands of tents are once again pitched all over the place and the night is winding down.

Rumor is Lance will be here on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment